Friday, May 22, 2009

TGIF Photo Friday

I found an extra special gift for all you Gladys Groupies out there! I had completely forgotten this picture I took last summer, so what serendipity to find it this morning. Gladys is the redhead, and sitting beside her is Lois, who died this past December.

Lois is the resident who answered the door wearing underwear on her head and once called Maude an old bitch. Man, I miss her.

Speaking of Maude.... Little Miss Chatterbox followed Maude to her apartment after lunch yesterday, of course talking all the way. Apparently, Little Miss Chatterbox was trying to tell Maude she thinks her hair is a pretty color of white (it really is). Maude got to her apartment, turned around and looked Little Miss Chatterbox right in the eye... and slammed the door. Seriously, who has more fun at work than me?

Yay for the long weekend! My plans include running 17.6, playing in the garden, and drinking some wine. Have a happy!

6 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

17.6? You got some 'splainin' to do, lil sis! Why the weirdo number?

Have a good weekend and thanks for the Mem Day Gladys pic!

Carolina John said...

yea i was wondering why the 17.6? i'm headed out for 20 on saturday. and plenty of gardening.

have a great long weekend!

carrie said...

I guess that does sound weird! It didn't to me because the section of trail that I run is 8.8 miles. Times two that's 17.6. Makes sense, right?! (The training schedule calls for 17, so the .6 is just gravy!)

Diana said...

Nice to put a face to the stories!!
Have a great run and a fun weekend!

P.O.M. said...

Gladys looks like she just said something funny in that pic. There's a snarky look to her smile.

I hope you had a great run. I was supposed to run 8 this weekend but didn't so shiz.

Sarah said...

In my head both these women were way bigger. Thanks for sharing the photo!

hope your run rocked!