Monday, September 15, 2008

It's Monday


A wheelchair, most likely last used by Franklin D. Roosevelt, appeared over the weekend. Of course, no one seems to know from where it came. How does stuff just materialize? Things like this happen all the time here, albeit usually not something as large (or as old) as this wheelchair.
..........

Saturday, Hubby and I spent the afternoon shopping for necessities. You know, like wine. When we got home and opened the back end of the vehicle, said wine fell out. And shattered all over the driveway. Damn. Yesterday, after backing out of the driveway, we ended up with a flat tire. Double damn. The obvious assumption is that we didn't get all of the broken glass from the wine bottles cleaned up (it still makes me sob a little to type that....$50 worth of wine....washed away down the slope of the driveway). However, Hubby just called and the tire-fix-it-place found a piece of a fingernail clipper in the tire. HUH??
..........

Five days until the Air Force Marathon. GULP. My ankles hurt, my knees hurt, my back hurts. Oh, and I think my hips hurt, too.
..........
Last week was National Assisted Living Week, and a local nursing home brought us a humongous basket of snacks/treats/goodies. I'm talking enough snacks to keep this place going for two to three weeks. I put these on the snack bar on Friday (my mistake). This morning? All. Gone.
..........
And then there's the resident who keeps trying to take the salad dressing cups back to her apartment after meals. When WorkerBee tried to stop her from doing this, she made a big deal out of the fact that she wasn't "stealing" them, she just wanted to take them home and crochet doilies to slip around them. You know, to make them look prettier sitting on someone's salad plate. I know crocheted yarn with salad dressing stains really does it for me. It definitely adds to the presentation.
..........
It could be a long week.

No comments: