Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mid Week Treat

I caught this group of happy people yukking it up yesterday afternoon outside my office. They were laughing so much I had to go see what all the commotion was about. Can you tell what was so funny by looking at the picture?
Joseph and Gladys were laughing at Lois (far right) because she was wearing one knee high panty hose and one black sock with her sandals. On accident, of course. Lois laughed right along with them. It was hilarious. Assistant then told them how I showed up to work one day wearing two different shoes (true story). They thought that was even funnier. I thought Gladys was going to pass out she was laughing so hard. Listening to three people with dementia laugh like there's no tomorrow is very high on the list of reasons I love this job.
As we were laughing, Little Miss Chatterbox wandered upon the scene interested in what the commotion was all about. She was, of course, wearing her lab coat (see, I don't make this stuff up!) , though I think it has been hemmed...which makes me wonder....who in the world would have hemmed a lab coat for an 89-year-old assisted living resident to gad about in?!?

Happy Hump Day. It's been a fun week at the Ridge!

p.s. Speaking of Hump Day... when Assistant woke Joseph up the other morning he groggily looked at her and asked "Can you have kids?" She told him that no, she already had kids. "Then can I stick it in?" he very politely asked. HAHAHAHA!

7 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

ZOMG, lil carnie! I think Joseph is future-Glaven and you live in some weird time-space wormhole! Lemme know if anyone says "yes" when "Joseph" asks if he can "stick it in" because I'm dying to know if I'll be gettin any when I'm 89!

By the way, I'm right here! (I haven't been posting to my blog for the past few days because I haven't been running!)

Unknown said...

i clicked over to voice my concern about what gavin's comments might turn out to be and, lo and behold, he'd already posted in the time i took me to read your entry. that old pervert is ON.THE.BALL!

Diana said...

Great to see faces to match to the stories!
Why I knew Glaven would be all over this post! Then again, WE all just know this.

Carolina John said...

i was beginning to wonder when glaven was going to show up at the rock.

Tyger Lily said...

That is awesome!

carrie said...

Jeff, thanks for your concern at keeping me safe from teh pervs. CJ, Glaven's here alright. He tried again this morning with "why don't you lie down with me?"

Big Bro--sorry to report his tactics have yet to work, so I'm thinking future Glaven is not getting any 89-year-old action. Sorry.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

ZOMG, lil sis! These lines "Joseph" is using are pure gold! And you're telling me they're not working? He must be gettin some that you just don't know about.

Well, I'm gonna try them out, starting today. - "Can I stick it in?" "Why don't you lie down with me?" - and I expect I'll be rolling in pulchritudinous badonkadonk by Noon today.

Thank future-Glaven for coming back in time to warn me that my current pick-up line ("If I told you you had a beautiful body, would you take this roofie?") is lame.

Not as lame as jiif and Carolina Cletus.

But lame.