The BAA is hosting its first-ever Boston Marathon Weekend 5K....and I'M IN!!!!!! So, why is this exciting? Let me count the ways....
1) How about because it finishes on Boylston at the marathon finish line?? HOW COOL IS THAT? Ok, so not as cool as crossing that same finish line after 26.2, but for a runner like me, this is the only way I could ever run across the Boston Marathon finish line at all.
2) Part of the 5K course runs the same course as the women's olympic marathon trials last year, which Hubby and I were so lucky to get to watch on the Sunday before the '08 marathon. I think there is something reverent about running the same streets as Joan Benoit Samuelson, not to mention the best women marathoners in our country.
3) I'm running a race. In Boston. The day before the oldest marathon in history.
4) I should run a PR. This is simply because I have only ever run one other timed 5K, and I'm thinking the excitement of running on Commonwealth, turning onto Hereford to finish on Boylston Street is pretty much going to carry me faster than a stinkin' 29 minutes, which is the time of my only other 5K.
5) I will actually be running a race all by myself with Hubby as my fan! This NEVER happens. Because we both run, we're usually both, well running. He's running the marathon on Monday, so had no interest in the Sunday 5K. (Pussy.)
6) Have I mentioned finishing on Boylston Street? At the marathon finish??? As if that isn't enough awesomeness, the finish is only a handful of blocks away from my most favorite breakfast spot ever. There will be a plate of lemon ricotta stuffed challah bread french toast with my name on it. And don't even think about forgetting the blueberry coulis topping. (and for once, I'll have actually burned a few calories before consuming a bajillion)
I am totally thrilled to be a participant in the Inaugaral BAA 5k, and have already started to interject things like "I sure hope I'm ready for Boston in April" into my daily conversations. You know, just to sound cool.
I love #5! What a wimp men are!
Ha ha! Yeah, what a P*SSY!1!
Man up, Hubby! Run that 5k!
There will be a plate of lemon ricotta stuffed challah bread french toast .... And ... the blueberry coulis topping
I've heard of "blueberry" and "lemon" but I strongly suspect you made most of these other words up, the way Teh 'Bride does with colors when she talks about "taupe" and "fuchsia" and "periwinkle" - which, let's face it, may exist in Oz but not here in the fo really-reals world.
Enjoy the 5k!
man, that's going to be a blast. Glad you got in!
That is super exciting!! I love it! You'll have a great time. . .
I'm all about #1! Totally! When I lived in Boston I would sometimes mock "run across" the line on Bolyston!
You are awesome.
Sounds like a blast!
Post a Comment