Friday, December 19, 2008

Behold...the Running Tree!

Thank goodness it's Friday Photo Day! I'm so darn happy it's Friday that I'm posting more than one. First up is a pic I snapped this morning. Yup, we had ice last night. Very beautiful, but pretty devastating to a lot of trees.

Next up! This is what Hubby and I decided to do with all of our hardware from the past couple of seasons. So fun! And it makes me smile every time I look at it. I think next year I'm going to to fashion some cool garland out of our bib numbers!

That's Marathon Mickey on top. Somewhere else in the tree is Half Marathon Donald, and Goofy-Challenge Goofy. That's a 1980's "Jogger Garfield" underneath, even though Hubby's head spins in circles over the "J" word. The star shaped ornaments are actually little picture frames filled with the thumbnail pictures Marathon Foto sends in the mail.


TGIF! Good weekends, all.

5 comments:

HC said...

I love your tree! It's so personal to you guys -- awesome!

Anonymous said...

Awesome tree!! Very creative!!

Sarah said...

That is SUPER fun!!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Nice decorations. If I decorated my tree with my running awards, it would be a very depressing Christmas indeed.

But ... our tree this year is so crooked and decrepit, my Mighty Awards just might bring it crashing down.

So I have that comfort.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy Christmas, sister!

P.O.M. said...

That's a great idea. I have no idea what to do with medals. Ornaments is a perfect thing!!