Tuesday, July 15, 2008

H. E. Double Toothpicks

Gladys used to have a roommate, Naomi. When they first moved in another resident dubbed them Fric & Frac...and although at the time I wasn't sure he should be calling them that, it really did suit them!

One day WorkerBee went in to clean Gladys and Naomi's apartment, where they were watching Jerry Springer on TV. WorkerBee told them why she was there, to which Naomi responded: "C'Mon Gladys, let's get the hell out of here." And they put their purses on their arms and made their way down the hall, making me think of two of the sisters in Hocus Pocus.

For some reason, I laugh every time I think of Naomi saying "let's get the hell out of here," to the extent that Hubby and I have made this our regular statement of departure. Whenever it's time to leave...we get the hell out of there.

Thanks, Naomi.

No comments: