Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday Nuggets

One little guy with dementia (who is so sweet he gives me a tooth-ache) woke up really disoriented this morning. When WorkerBee suggested he get up and go to the bathroom, he sighed and said: "All right. If you want to hold it, you can."
~~~
I hate wearing shoes, and usually kick them off under my desk. Yesterday, as I flounced through the lobby in my bare feet, Garnet remarked that I was "Better Foot." "Do you mean barefoot," I asked? "Nope. I mean Better Foot. My kids used to call it that...and if you think about it, it really is better." Agreed! I love it.
~~~
Gladys thinks that Naomi* has stolen her vacuum (every single day) and she keeps coming to my office to "report" it. She gets really upset...which is one of the reasons her quick wit always catches me off guard. The last time she came to tell me about it I promised her I would contact Naomi's family and get the vacuum back for her. Gladys responded with "That's so very nice of you, but I think the whole situation sucks." I laughed all afternoon.
~~~
*still dead

5 comments:

HaleyBird said...

Oh, I go betterfoot at every opportunity! :)

Carolina John said...

sounds like a fun day at the rock! i am also barefoot right now. and every other day.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

...Naomi*
[...]
~~~
*still dead


Okay. If you say so.

But how 'bout now?

P.O.M. said...

Wishing i was better foot right now. These heels are killin' me!

Runner Tammy said...

I hear Glaven has a spare vacuum now that he/his family has purchased the coveted "The Stick". Maybe he can send it to you and you can just give it to Gladys.

Walking around in "Better Feet" is great. I do it all the time in my office and sporadically walk out of my office cause I forgot I've done this (dementia perhaps). All I get is a bunch of puzzled stares from my co-workers, who aren't as cute or as interesting as your friends.