Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Is it really December already?

I wish I had more time to share the daily goodies that come my way, but man this place is nuts. I'm also providing administrative support to a sister property who lost their director, so all my little post-it notes of things I want to remember to write about will have to continue to wait for another day. Until then, though, here's a little piece of hilarious conversation that took place outside my office door on Tuesday of last week.

Lois (of the mismatched socks): "Gladys, is Thanksgiving tomorrow?"

Gladys: "Well, I don't know. Is it this week?"

Lois: "Joseph, do you know if Thanksgiving is tomorrow?"

Joseph: laughs "Huh. Well. I guess I don't know."

Lois: to Little Miss Chatterbox "How about you? Do you know if Thanksgiving is tomorrow?"

LMCB: "You know, that's a funny thing, Thanksgiving. I said to my daughter on the phone this morning that Thanksgiving should be coming up, and then she told me when it was. I wonder if we'll have turkey here? Everyone always thinks you have to have turkey on Thanksgiving, but I think why should it always be turkey? We could have something besides turkey. And stuffing! All that bread? Why should people serve that every Thanksgiving. Really. But anyway she told me when Thanksgiving was, but I don't think I can remember."

Lois: still not giving up "Maude? Do you know if Thanksgiving is tomorrow?"

Maude, who is 99 and performing true to her usual form, put an end to the entire conversation by replying "How in the hell should I know?"

I love old people.

8 comments:

Tyger Lily said...

Seems to me that you have the best job EVER! Happy Holidays! (I think) LOL

carrie said...

Tyger, I do indeed have the best job ever! I laugh so much and so often it's hard to believe I get paid for it.

Carolina John said...

those people are nuts. sounds like fun.

Diana said...

YUP, that's totally why I love my job too! All them old farts just crack me up....you never know what comes out of their mouths!

Carly said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I am LMAO. I love seniors, they crack me up.

You sound like you have a fabulous job.

SteveQ said...

What happened to your brother? I just posted a Glaven tribute - let him know!

Unknown said...

hey chica. where ya been? you didn't run off and join the circus, did you?

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

:)
I wanna be Maude some day.