Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Love Abounds

The Universal Law of Attraction. What you put out, you get back. As you think, so it is. Where the focus goes, the energy flows. However said, it is indeed true. My heart has been full since (because of?) my glorious run yesterday, and just look what it attracted!

A sweet 90-year-old resident just brought me a photocopied sheet of paper . "What's this?" I asked.

"Just read it, " she grinned.

"The biggest word in the human vocabulary has only four letters and no definition that's ever been adequate. We love our dogs. We love our children. We love God and chocolate cake. We fall in love and we fall out of love. We die for love, we kill for love. We can't spend it. We can't eat it when we're starving or drink it when we're dying of thirst. But ask most human beings what the value above all else in this life, and five'll get you ten, it's love."

"Where did this come from?" I asked.

"Just a book," she said.

"It's nice," I told her not knowing what else to say and unable to figure out where this was going.

"Yes. Just like you." As she turned to leave, she added "And I love you."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

and THAT makes it worth putting up with all the sh*t.

HC said...

Awwwwwww -- that really does put all the naked, underwear on the head, table-bullying craziness in perspective... :)

Sarah said...

So incredibly sweet!

also - I grilled chicken strips and just got buffalo flavoring at the grocery store, and cut up celery. Super low maintenance. And sorry about your husband!

Alisa said...

Awwww old people!