Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Knee Report


Well, I went to the doctor and the xrays "look good," according to Dr. Cutie at the Sports Med place. He said I have irritated something called my fat pad. Um...excuse me? Did you just say FAT pad to a girl who literally ran 30 pounds of ass off in the past year? So the inner dialogue totally trumped whatever he said. "He can totally tell I'm two pounds over my maintenance range! But I still fit in these size sixes fine! HOW COULD HE KNOW? That's it, I'm not eating for the rest of the summer." Good thing Hubby was along so he could fill me in on the way home.

Bottom line: I have an overuse injury, most likely from running hills. It's going to hurt for awhile. BUT, as long as I can stand it...I can run.

I'll see you after work, Trail!

No comments: